The most common reasons that a tax return may be required are as follows:
- You are self employed or a partner in a partnership
- You are a company director
- You have large amounts of savings or investment income
- You have untaxed savings or investment income
- You own land or property that is being let
- You have income from overseas
- You have sold or given an asset away (such as a holiday home or some shares)
- You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in Australia
- You are an employee with shares or other income.
The staff at the Australian Taxation Office (ATO) are not tasked to advise you on how to organise your affairs and minimise your tax. Therefore, if you want to make sure you are paying the right amount of tax, you should consult a professional.
We prepare income Income Tax Returns for:
- Self Managed Superannuation Funds
- Deceased Estates
At TaxAssist Accountants we use ATO-approved software to:
- Lodge your tax return
- Calculate your tax liability
- Lodge the return online
- Liaise with you on the amounts to be paid and when they are due
More than just a tax return
In addition, we can analyse your tax return to see if any tax savings can be made and we can also review the form to see if there are any anomalies that need to be addressed before the return is lodged. This process helps to minimise your risk of an ATO enquiry into your tax affairs. If you are experiencing cashflow problems, we can explore the possibilities of deferring your tax payments, or negotiating a payment plan with ATO on your behalf.
By giving you a fixed, competitive price, we can take the worry away when it comes to tax returns; allowing you to concentrate on running your business.