Employers must pay 9.5% of their salary into a super fund, which is called the Super Guarantee. The Super Guarantee will gradually increase to 12% by 2019.
Superannuation is generally held inside an Industry Super Fund, Government Fund or Self-Managed Super Fund (SMSF).
More and more people are opting for an SMSF, as it can provide much greater flexibility and a way of keeping costs down.
TaxAssist Accountants can assist with:
- Setup and Administration of Self-Managed Super Funds (SMSF)
- Setup of Family Trusts, Unit Trusts, Discretionary Trusts, etc.
- Centrelink benefits and correspondence
- Assistance with Lump Sum withdrawals
- Advice on Property, Shares & Investments inside Superannuation Funds
- Audits on Super Funds