Contact Us

However, there can be instances when this isn't the case. This might apply where you are employed and:

  • You are an employee with dividend interest, or other investment income
  • You are self-employed or a partner in a partnership, or beneficiary in a trust
  • You are a company director
  • You own land or property that you receive rental income from
  • You have income from overseas
  • You have sold or given an asset away (such as a holiday home or some shares)
  • You’ve lived or worked abroad or aren’t domiciled in Australia
  • You have more than one employer and you claimed the tax-free threshold with both

Even if some of these activities do not generate a profit (such as rental properties or self employment), completing a tax return may be compulsory and even when a tax return is not required, it could create a tax loss that may lower your tax bill(s) and, therefore, voluntarily completing one can be beneficial.

PAYG Payment Summary

Your PAYG Payment Summary shows your total gross earnings from tax withheld by your employer in the financial year. It should also show allowances, reportable fringe benefit amounts, reportable employer superannuation contributions, termination payments and workplace deductions. You are entitled to this form from your employer by 15th July following the relevant tax year – even if you left employment with them during that same tax year.

What can TaxAssist Accountants do for me?

TaxAssist Accountants can do a number of things for taxpayers that receive most or all of the income from employment, such as:

  • Prepare and lodge your tax return
  • Determine whether you are required to lodge a tax return now, or in the future and advise the ATO of such
  • Determine whether lodging a tax return would be beneficial because you have tax losses to be carried forward and offset against future taxable income
  • Check that the tax-free threshold your employer is using to withold tax is appropriate – meaning the tax withheld by your employer each pay period is appropriate. Checking to see if you are claiming the tax-free threshold where you have multiple employments can be particularly important, as errors can often occur in such circumstances. Likewise, declaring your HELP debt to your employer is important once your taxable income reaches the HELP-repayment threshold. Updating these details with your employer(s) is as easy as completing a new Tax File Number Declaration
  • If you have incurred expenses as a result of being employed, we can determine and claim the maximum deductions allowable, ensuring you get the maximum refund you're entitled to. This might be for items such as business mileage (this excludes commuting to your normal place of work, unless carrying heavy tools or bulky equipment), hotel accommodation/meals/business phone calls, professional subscriptions and commuting from your normal place of work to another place of work

We give you a fixed, competitive price so that we can take the worry away when it comes to meeting your responsibilities and deadlines – whilst still ensuring that you pay only the right amount of tax and not a cent more!

Join us in three easy steps

1 Sample image

Get in touch

Arrange a free consultation in person or via video with your local accountant. It’s an informal chat to get to know you and find out more about the help you are looking for.

2 Sample image

Chat to an expert

We clearly explain the support available to you and are happy to act as business advisors in order to help you grow your business.

3 Sample image

Get a fixed quote

Our fees are fixed and tailored specifically to each individual's needs, so that you only pay for the level of support and services that you require.

Choose the right accounting firm for you

Running your own business can be challenging so why not let TaxAssist Accountants manage your tax, accounting, bookkeeping and payroll needs? If you are not receiving the service you deserve from your accountant, then perhaps it’s time to make the switch?

Local business focus icon

Local business focus

We specialise in supporting independent businesses. Each TaxAssist Accountant runs their own business, and are passionate about supporting you.

Come and meet us icon

Come and meet us

We enjoy talking to business owners and self-employed professionals who are looking to get the most out of their accountant. You can visit us at any of our multiple locations, meet with us online through video call software, or talk to us by telephone.

Switching is simple icon

Switching is simple

Changing accountants is easier than you might think. There are no tax implications and you can switch at any time in the year and our team will guide you through the process for a smooth transition.

See how TaxAssist Accountants can help you with a free, no obligation consultation

1300 513 332

Or contact us